With help from Lotterywest, Royalties for Regions and the South West Development Commission Community Chest Fund, the Jetty Museum has had a multimedia makeover! The refreshed Museum brings history to life offering a new and invigorated visitor experience, with interactive, immersive creative technologies.
The museum redevelopment includes:
- Two wall touch screens featuring a historical timeline of images, videos and stories from the 1800’s, 1900’s and 2000’s.
- An interactive marine touch screen which features amazing underwater footage of some of the marine creatures that can be found under the jetty.
- A touch screen with a sneak peak of the 180 degree Virtual Reality film of the beautiful world under the Jetty.
- Coming in May are five Virtual Reality (VR) headsets which feature a choice of two 3D experiences where users feel like they are actually immersed in that world. One is the History of the Jetty, placing the user into the Jetty’s colourful history including shipping, Cyclone Alby and the Jetty fire. The other has users diving under the jetty, experiencing the beautiful marine life as if they were actually underwater.
- A multi-user interactive touch screen table perfect for children is also coming in May.
A big thank you to the community members who supplied photos and stories for inclusion. Entry to the Museum is free, it’s open 7 days a week and is located in the Interpretive Centre.