The Jetty Crew
Fun, Educational, Inspiring, Unique
Busselton Jetty are currently seeking candidates for the 2017/2018 Busselton Jetty Crew – a new leadership group of young people,aged from 16-21, who have the potential to become future Busselton Jetty custodians. The program will provide formal leadership training, dive qualifications and an opportunity to ensure that the Jetty lasts for another 152 years.
The Jetty Crew will promote friendship, community involvement and a sense of purpose.
Being a part of the Jetty Crew will offer participants anopportunity to experience the past, appreciate the present and be part of the future ofour community. Environmental awareness and marine conservation education will ensure that theJetty and environs will be preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Following the completion of the dive course and leadership course,part of the role will be presenting to schools in the region about the unique marine life under the Jetty, to encourage a younger generation of Jetty Ambassadors.For those who can’t participate in school presentations, there will be an opportunity to participate in the Pile Rehabilitation Project and Artificial Reef project.
The Jetty Crew will also organise and host events at the Jetty such as Underwater Observatory sleepovers, functions, Youth Group events etc.
The group will be self-managed with assistance from a Jetty staff member and governed by the BJI Board. The JettyBoard and membership base offer many diverse occupations and life skill mentors, participants will be given the opportunity to develop skills through mentoring.
Are you someone who
- Understands the community passion that saved the Busselton Jetty and wants to ensure the future of the 152 year old heritage listed icon;
- Is a team player with the desire to work with fellow young leaders to make the Jetty Crew the best it can be;
- Has time to commit to a role for 12 months from October 2017 to October 2018 which requires attendance at after school or work meetings, activities, event planning and undertake civic duties from time to time;
- Is interested in Geographe Bay’s unique marine life and has an interest in obtaining your SSI Open Diver Course qualification;
- Loves Busselton and wants to be a future community leader involved in other projects, events and community groups;
- Wants to be the best you can be and learn from other experienced professional community leaders and business people; and
- Is up for a challenge, possibly being taken outside your comfort zone!
If you answered “YES” to all of the above, nominate yourself now for one of 10 positions. Please note unsuccessful applicants in 2017/2018 are able to apply for the program in 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.
Nominations close at 5pm Friday 22 September 2017, click here for nomination requirements and form.