Busselton Jetty Inc. is currently monitoring the advice and recommendations from the Australian Health Department in relation to the recent coronavirus threat, first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
We encourage everyone to practice good hygiene and other measures to protect against infections.
Good hygiene includes:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water
- Using a tissue and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze
The coronavirus is most likely spread from person to person through:
- Direct close contact with a person while they are infectious
- Contact with droplets when a person with a confirmed infection coughs or sneezes
- Touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that has droplets from a cough or sneeze by an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face
If you or someone you have been in close contact with has recently visited the Hubei Province in China, please contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. The line operates Monday–Friday from 8am to 8pm, Saturdays from 8am to 5pm, and Sundays from 9am to 5pm.