Busselton Jetty is OPEN for BUSINESS
Ensuring we have the latest information from the best qualified sources is how we’re aiming to keep you safe. Below is what we currently know:
COVID-19 spreads from person to person in a similar way to the flu:
- From close contact(see below) with an infected person and from touching objects or surfaces contaminated by the sneeze or cough of an infected person and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- A close contact is someone who has been face to face for at least 15 minutes or been in the same closed space for at least two hours, as someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 when that person was infectious.
- The current scientific consensus is that this virus can be spread within two metres if somebody coughs. Otherwise, the droplets fall to the ground and don’t infect you.
- The virus can survive up to 9 days on some industrial surfaces(metal, ceramics and plastics). That means things like doorknobs, tables, handrails, desks or lift/elevator buttons.
So to ensure you are safe Busselton Jetty has been enacting its Pandemic Policy for the past 6 weeks and has been ramping this up as required. We are:
- Ensuring all Visitors that come into the Interpretive Centre (IC-blue boatshed buildings) are using anti-bacterial hand sanitiser at every touch point;
- Wiping down all of our touch points as often as possible (eg train doors, toilet doors, office doors, touch screens, computers, Eftpos facilities, phones, lift buttons);
- Encouraging visitors not to touch – show tickets, card only payments, let Jetty Hosts or Staff open and close Train Doors;
- Ensuring that all Train Blinds stay open to let the fresh air in for your one-way Train Ride;
- Encouraging social distancing where possible – the 1.841km Jetty has plenty of space for people to maintain 1-1.5m distances apart;
- Ensuring all Visitors going on an Underwater Observatory (UWO) Tour use anti-bacterial hand sanitiser before they go on the Tour and try not to touch any areas;
- Cleaning the UWO Handrails and Windows after every 30 min Tour;
- Ensuring people who have booked and show any symptoms to cancel their booking and do not attend the Jetty.
Underwater Observatory and Interpretive Centre capacities are being limited to comply with all Government indoor venue social distancing regulations. Alterations have also been made to train line and seating to allow you to keep a safe distance from others.
If you have any questions about these measures, please email email@example.com and our Safety Team will respond as soon as possible.