AT BJI, the welfare of the staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority. We have in place a comprehensive and effective Safety Management System which is constantly evaluated, reviewed and updated as required.
BJI adheres to OSH legislation, in particular the OSH Act 1984 and the OSH Regulations 1996 and demonstrates its Due Diligence duty of care a number of ways including ensuring our OSH Policy is current, relevant and signed off by the Chair of the Board.
Due to the current COVID situation, if you are coming to the Busselton Jetty to partake in a train ride, a tour at the Underwater Observatory, or simply taking a walk on the jetty, can you please make sure that you are feeling well and have not been to any hot spots in the last 14 days.
We have an extensive COVID cleaning regime which includes regular cleaning of toilets, touch points and especially the train in between the trips along the jetty. We ask that you assist us in keeping up our high standard and please report anything that concerns you.
BJI has in place a COVID Safety Plan and we encourage everyone:
- Do not enter the Interpretive Centre or the Underwater Observatory if you have been unwell in the previous 14 days
- Check in using the SafeWA app when entering the Jetty (using the QR code),
- Make sure you adhere to social distancing
- Use the supplied hand sanitiser when inside the Interpretive Centre or the Underwater Observatory.
- Report any COVID concerns to the management team at the Busselton Jetty
Please click here for our Health & Safety Policy.