WE NEED YOU!
The Busselton Jetty is managed by Busselton Jetty Inc (BJI), a non-profit community organisation, made up of members who are dedicated to enhancing and maintaining the Jetty and it’s marine environment.
Become a BJI Member (Ordinary Membership, voting rights application fee $5 and annual fee $5) and not only will you support the sustainability of the Jetty for future generations, you will also:
- Meet like-minded people, who are passionate about one of Western Australia’s greatest icons
- Contribute and discuss ideas at monthly member meetings
- Be the first to know about Jetty activities with regular updates
- Receive a complimentary Annual Walk Pass if you attend more than 3 meetings per year
- Get 10% off full price retail items at the Interpretive Centre gift shop
- Have your say at the AGM and the election of the Board
Friends of the Jetty (Associate) Memberships (non voting rights) are also available for staff and individuals who are under 18 years of age, this membership is a one off fee of $5.
The objectives of the Association (in part) are:
- To protect, preserve, promote, repair, restore and generally maintain the Busselton Jetty and to provide facilities on the jetty that compliment and are compatible with its environmental, historical, recreational and scientific importance.
- Protection and enhancement of the natural marine environment in the vicinity of the Busselton Jetty and the wider environs of Geographe Bay.
- Provision of information and education on the Busselton Jetty and Geographe Bay marine ecosystems and facilities and structures to assist in the interpretation of this environment; and
- Assist organisations undertaking research into the marine environment of Geographe Bay which will promote the protection and enhancement of this natural environment.