Health and Safety
While on the jetty premises please be aware of the following:
- Social distancing applies
- You may be subject to a temperature check
- Hand sanitiser is available
- Maximum 20 people permitted inside the Interpretive Centre at any one time
- All jetty toilets are currently unavailable, public toilets available at the Information Centre or the Beach Shack Takeaway.
- Due to jetty maintenance, the final 150 metres of jetty structure is not accessible to the public.
In addition, please ensure you adhere to all quarantine rules as set by the Australian and Western Australian governments. If you are exhibiting flu like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, we respectfully request that you do not visit Busselton Jetty to help prevent spreading of illness.
- Access to the final 150 metres of the jetty is only possible during the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train operating hours.
- Lockers are available for hire from the Underwater Observatory (1.7 kilometres along the jetty).
- The Underwater Observatory can cater for a maximum of 44 people per tour.
- The Jetty Train has a limit of 90 passengers per trip.
- The Jetty Train is able to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- Bookings are essential.
- Tours of the Underwater Observatory, including a return Jetty Train ride, depart the Interpretive Centre on the hour.
- Admission to the Underwater Observatory is only possible by participating in a tour.
- To enhance our visitor’s experience, translation sheets are available from the Interpretive Centre or Underwater Observatory: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Korean and Polish.
- All visitors should be cognisant of the jetty’s condition with regard to dress and physical requirements.
- Busselton Jetty accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from a visit or while on the premises.
- It is a condition of entry that visitors observe all warning signs, off limit areas and City by-laws pertaining to the use of the jetty.
- Bookings are essential for the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train.
- Bookings can be made over the phone or at the Interpretive Centre.
- Payment must be made at time of booking.
- Payment methods include cash, EFTPOS, Matercard and Visa.
- If your group requires special needs (wheelchair access on train, lift etc) please inform staff at time of booking.
- The Jetty Train departs the Interpretive Centre on the hour.
- The Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train tour ticket includes all day access to the Jetty.
- There are six flights of ten stairs within the Underwater Observatory .
- A lift within the Underwater Observatory allows disabled access.
- Unfortunately the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train are unable to cater for prams.
- During your tour prams may be chained to the Jetty structure for a $10 deposit. Please see the Interpretive Centre staff for further information.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- Have a 12-month expiry date if purchased prior to October 30, 2019;
- Have a 36 month expiry date if purchased from November 1; 2020;
- Are redeemable for retail purchases at the Interpretive Centre or Underwater Observatory only;
- Will not be replaced if lost or stolen;
- Must be presented to redeem;
- Are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- Busselton Jetty Inc (BJI) reserves the right to cancel any tour with or without notice as deemed necessary due to adverse weather conditions.
- BJI reserves the right to cancel any tour with or without notice as deemed necessary for the well-being and safety of its patrons & staff.
- In such circumstances whereby BJI is required to cancel a tour, a change of tour time or a refund will be offered as required.
- There is no charge for cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour departure time.
- BJI will not refund cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour departure time.
- BJI will not refund if you are a no show or miss your purchased Train/Tour time.