General Conditions of Entry
- Retain your ticket as proof of purchase. Your ticket is only valid for the date selected at the time of purchase.
- In the event of an emergency or adverse weather, follow the direction of BJI staff or emergency personnel. Exit the Jetty immediately or move the nearest building if lightning occurs.
- All visitors should be cognisant of the jetty’s condition with regard to dress and physical requirements. Appropriate footwear must always be worn. We recommend enclosed footwear.
- Busselton Jetty accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from a visit or while on the Jetty.
- Visitors must observe all warning signs, off limit areas, City by-laws and other general laws pertaining to the use of the jetty and expected standards of behaviour.
- BJI reserves the right to change, cancel or reschedule its tours or operations at any time without notice.
- We are an Autism Aware Organisation – click here for more details.
- Access to the final 150 metres of the jetty is only possible during the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train operating hours.
- Lockers are available for hire from the Underwater Observatory (1.7 kilometres along the jetty).
- For assistance while on the Jetty, contact 9754 0900 during operating hours and 9781 0444 for after hours assistance from the City of Busselton Rangers
- Toilets are located at the Interpretive Centre and the Underwater Observatory.
Booking and Payment Information
- Walk ticket refunds will only be given at the discretion of BJI and in limited circumstances such as adverse weather or if you upgrade your walk ticket to a train or observatory tour.
- Bookings are essential for the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train.
- Bookings can be made online, over the phone or at the Interpretive Centre. Online bookings are charged an administrative fee by the Booking Software Platform.
- Payment must be made at time of booking.
- Payment methods include cash, EFTPOS, Mastercard and Visa.
- In person or phone bookings for the Jetty Train or Underwater Observatory made with a credit or debit card incur a 0.5% surcharge.
- Retail purchases made with a credit card incur up to 1.3% surcharge.
- A Public Holiday 10% surcharge applies to Underwater Observatory and Train Tickets. We have kept the surcharge to a minimum but this was a financial decision Busselton Jetty Incorporated had to make as a result of COVID to assist us to keep our doors open to the public during the holidays.
- A 10% Australian Seniors Card discount is available for Underwater Observatory Tours only.
- If your group requires special needs (wheelchair access on train, lift etc.) please inform staff at time of booking.
Tour and Train Information
- Bookings are essential.
- The Jetty Train departs the Interpretive Centre on the hour.
- Tours of the Underwater Observatory, including a return Jetty Train ride, depart the Interpretive Centre on the hour.
- Admission to the Underwater Observatory is only possible by participating in a tour.
- The Underwater Observatory can cater for a maximum of 44 people per tour (subject to change, to adhere to Covid regulations).
- The Jetty Train has a limit of 90 passengers per trip.
- The Jetty Train is able to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- A lift within the Underwater Observatory allows disabled access.
- To enhance our visitor’s experience, translation sheets are available from the Interpretive Centre or Underwater Observatory: Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Korean and Polish.
- The Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train tour ticket includes all day access to the Jetty.
- There are six flights of ten stairs within the Underwater Observatory .
- Children under the age of 15 must be with an adult during all tours and train journeys;
- Unfortunately the Underwater Observatory and Jetty Train are unable to cater for prams.
- During your tour prams may be chained to the Jetty structure for a $10 deposit. Please see the Interpretive Centre staff for further information.
- In order for us to better assist you during your visit, please inform us of any special needs or requirements prior to arrival, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9754 0900.
- If a participant in your group requires a wheelchair or walking frame during their Train journey or Underwater Observatory tour please reach out to Busselton Jetty staff to discuss the best booking options for you – email@example.com or phone (08) 9754 0900.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- Gift Vouchers have a 12-month expiry date if purchased prior to October 30, 2019;
- Gift Vouchers have a 36 month expiry date if purchased from November 1; 2019;
- Gift Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or stolen;
- Must be presented to redeem;
- Are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash;
- Gift Cards are redeemable for both retail and tour purchases;
- Gift Vouchers (paper) are redeemable for tour and train tickets only.
- Busselton Jetty Inc (BJI) reserves the right to cancel any tour with or without notice as deemed necessary due to adverse weather conditions.
- BJI reserves the right to cancel any tour with or without notice as deemed necessary for the well-being and safety of its patrons & staff.
- In such circumstances whereby BJI is required to cancel a tour, a change of tour time or a refund will be offered as required.
- There is no charge for cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour departure time.
- BJI will not refund cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour departure time.
- BJI will not refund if you are a no show or miss your purchased Train/Tour time.